No resource would be complete without a comprehensive glossary of terms. We’ve compiled a list of terms and their definitions to better help you navigate.
Notification The data source, through its home data pool/solution provider, sends an electronic notice to a subscriber when a valid event occurs. This is based on the subscription profile. Events that can trigger notifications are:
- Publication of new data/change of publication (visibility granted, deleted)
- Change of published item/party/partner profile
- Change of owner, rights
- Subscription (generic, detailed)
- Positive search response
Notifications are not sent in the following cases since data are not yet public and validated information:
- Data load (add, change, etc.)
- Data validation
- Registration of new item/party/partner profile The data distribution, which is the movement of data from one entity to another, is handled through a specific notification type.
Non-repudiation Provides proof of the origin or delivery of data in order to protect the sender against a false denial by the recipient that the data has been received or to protect the recipient against false denial by the sender that the data has been sent.
Non-Invasive Integration This is an EAI implementation that does not require changes or additions to existing applications.
Non-Blocking Communications An asynchronous messaging process whereby the requestor of a service does not have to wait until a response is received from another application.
Neutral Master Data It is master data that is generally shared among multiple parties and that is relationship independent (e.g., GTIN, item description, measurements, catalogues prices, standard terms, GLN, addresses) (GDAS definition). Most of the existing data pools facilitate the exchange of neutral master data.