Being an IT professional, I am often asked the question: “So Hanz, what exactly do you do?” For a while now this conversation has been playing out the same way. I respond by saying: “I work for the software company, bTrade.” Inevitably, the follow up question is asked: “And what does bTrade do?”
While it is easy enough to explain who we are as a company and what our flagship application, TDXchange, does from a technical standpoint, it is not so easy to explain how TDXchange is used. Now, this isn’t due to some complex operating environment or the number of advanced features it has, but rather the sheer number of possible uses I have seen over the years. It seems like every week another customer is finding a new way to utilize a different aspect of TDXchange, and is truly benefitting from its flexibility. Additionally, this is accomplished across many different verticals from banking and financial services, to retail, to communication sectors, and government entities both foreign and domestic.
For that reason, TDXchange is undoubtedly the Swiss Army Knife of enterprise security and communications.
TDXchange is a scalable and expandable managed file transfer solution that allows companies of all sizes to easily communicate with a host of servers and send/receive data securely, both internally and externally. TDXchange can communicate seamlessly across platform, across enterprise and across industry using any variety of methods. It can secure your data through its entire life cycle, while at rest, during transmission, and the final destination.
TDXchange supports all secure transfer protocols:
- FTP : File Transfer Protocol
- FTPS : FTP over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- SFTP : Secure Shell (SSH) File Transfer Protocol
- HTTP : Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- HTTPS : HTTP over Secure Sockets Layer
- SSH : Secure Shell
- AS1/AS2 : Applicability Statements 1 and 2
- SMTP/POP : Simple Mail Transfer Protocol and Post Office Protocol
TDXchange supports all of the advanced encryption and signature algorithms:
- 3DES 168 : Triple DES (168 bit)
- AES : Advanced Encryption Standard (128, 192, 256 bit)
- MD5 : Message-Digest Algorithm (128 bit)
- SHA : Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA1-160, SHA2-224, SHA2-256, SHA2-384, SHA2-512)
TDXchange supports all of the latest types of certificates:
- X509 : ITU-T standard for a public key infrastructure (RSA, DSA, ECDSA, SHA1, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512)
- SSH : Secure Shell (RSA, DSA, 1024, 2048, 3072, 4096)
- PGP : Pretty Good Privacy (RSA, DSA, 1024, 2048, 3072, 4096)
TDXchange supports data compression:
- ZLIB : General purpose data compression / decompression library
- TDCompress : Superior proprietary algorithm developed in house
These features allow organizations to secure every type of data they have regardless of method or environment. You can integrate with existing email applications and send email attachments with complete security instead of “in the clear.” You can do away with the multitude of unsafe, at-risk ftp servers running throughout your organization and replace it with a single secure file distribution platform which can be easily managed. You can secure all of the data at rest inside your organization instead of just relying on firewalls to keep you safe. You can create a download portal to easily distribute sensitive files or programs.
Best of all, TDXchange can do all of these things and much more with a single solution. You don’t need 8 applications to solve 8 problems within your organization. You just need TDXchange. The possibilities are truly endless.