From the Office of the President
Steve Zapata, CEO and President, bTrade LLC
bTrade ended 2012 with great business momentum. We continued to execute our growth strategy through industry partnerships, certifications and the introduction of our next generation secure file transfer and managed file transfer solution called secureXchange. We have seen strong financial growth enabling us to invest in new capabilities and in the expansion of key personnel.
I would like to share with you some of our business highlights:
bTrade’s Financial Highlights for 2012 Include:
Revenue, Net Income, Cash and EBITDA all increased – bTrade remains debt free
- Close to 10% revenue increase in 2012 over 2011
- 8% increase in net income 2012 over 2011
- Operating margins remained healthy and strong
- Increased cash flows over 2011
- Achieved the high end of EBITDA at 55%
- Nearly doubled top line revenue since 2009
Launch of secureXchange
For more than 20 years, bTrade has delivered world-class and reliable secure file and managed file transfer solutions that provide the security, speed and integrity demanded by its many customers located around the globe. With secureXchange, bTrade ensures a unified approach to innovative, simplified solutions. This latest step constitutes an across-the-board consolidation of all currently published secure file transfer and managed file transfer solutions under a single banner, secureXchange. secureXchange is a fine blend of proven solutions, tried and tested over the past two decades, and advances the core of bTrade’s vision which is to continue evolving the company into the premier global provider of compression and securefile transfer and managed file transfer solutions.
Jerome Mendell Joins the bTrade Leadership Team
In 2012, Jerome Mendell joined the bTrade leadership team as VP of Global Sales. Jerome is responsible for sales strategy and developing the capabilities of the company’s global sales team. Jerome has over 13 years of sales leadership experience in software technology, specifically in the managed file transfer (MFT) software field. He has a wealth of experience that ranges from building strong customer relationships and partner channels, to executing global strategy.
Partnership Brings bTrade’s MFT Solutions to the Mexican Market
bTrade has partnered with Mexican technology and service provider, ATEB Servicios, to launch bTrade’s MFT solutions into the Mexican market. The joint partnership will make it easy for companies to exchange files quickly, securely and cost-effectively across all major platforms—both within the walls of their enterprises and outside of it.
Minority Business Certification (MBE)
bTrade met the certification criteria for a “Minority Owned Business Enterprise” as established by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and approved by the Board of Directors of the Southern California Minority Business Development Council (SCMBDC). Certification is generally required by many of the largest companies, as well as universities, hospitals and other buying institutions. The nearly 200 corporate members of NMSDC and SCMSDC represent a Who’s Who in Corporate America.
New and Expanded bTrade Customers
- Entertainment Industry – Signed an agreement with a leading multinational entertainment and motion picture provider to deploy bTrade’s strategic secure file and managed file transfer solution secureXchange, which will provide and exchange information with their trading partners located around the globe.
- British Columbia Ministry of Health – Expanded their use of bTrade software to handle additional data transmissions.
- Polish Judicial System – bTrade has expanded into the judicial system in Poland with multiple installations in the local district courts.
- Banking Industry in Panama – Every major bank in Panama is using bTrade software to meet their security needs.
These are exciting times at bTrade, and we thank you for your continued interest and investment in our company. We look forward to continuing to serve you with new and enhanced secure file transfer and managed file transfer solutions to meet your evolving needs. We value our relationship and business with you.
Yours Very Truly,
Steve Zapata President and CEO, bTrade LLC